My First 50 Days of Blogging
Why I started blogging, how it's going, and where I hope it goes.
I started this blog at the beginning of last month (February 2019) because
- I wanted to become a better writer.
- I felt like I had some interesting/useful things to say.
- I’d sold both of my main side projects and wanted a new challenge.
- I didn’t like the old victorzhou.com and had been itching to rewrite it for a while.
- I wanted to learn more about and get firsthand experience with SEO.
On February 4, I published my first blog post and started my journey. Since then, I’ve
- Published 6 blog posts.
- Gotten 70k+ pageviews.
- Received 600+ subscribers to my newsletter.
Today is March 25, which is my blog’s 50th day! 🎉
Here’s a graph of my blog’s pageviews since its beginning:
Here are all 6 blog posts ranked by number of pageviews:
I’m going to keep blogging! During Year One, I’m aiming to
- Publish 50 blog posts.
- Get a million pageviews.
- Grow my newsletter to 10,000 subscribers.
Are these goals pretty ambitious? Definitely. I’ve got a long way to go and a lot of work to do. But I might as well aim high, right?
Anyways - a huge thank you to my readers from the past two months! See you all on February 4, 2020 for the Year One recap, where I’ll look back at this post and see if I hit my goals. 🎯